ESF project “Support for Meeting the Requirements Set for EQAR Agency”, No. 18.104.22.168/15/I/001
On 8 March, 2016 Academic Information Centre started the implementation of the ESF project “Support for Meeting the Requirements Set for EQAR Agency”.
The aim of the project is to ensure the support for meeting the requirements set for European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education – EQAR, including raising the quality of the Agency activities and strengthening its capacity.
After the implementation of the project, the quality assurance system of the higher education in Latvia will function according to the requirements of ESG (European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance), the Agency will be a member of EQAR, that will increase the reliability to the higher education in Latvia and the obtained diplomas.
In the long term, quality higher education assessment system will ensure a competitive education and preparation of knowledgeable, highly qualified specialists for the labour market.
The main activities of the project:
- The development of the strategy of the Agency and improvement of the quality management system;
- The implementation of the pilot accreditation in 12 institutions of higher education;
- The external expertise of the Accreditation Agency;
- The development of the e-platform for the accreditation process and monitoring of higher education quality;
- Trainings and seminars on the issues related to external and internal quality assurance;
- Membership in European associations and other international organizations in the field of quality assurance in higher education
The project partners:
- Council of Higher Education
- Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
- BA School of Business and Finance
- Baltic International Academy
- Daugavpils University
- Liepaja University
- University of Latvia
- Mechanics and Technology College of Olaine
- Riga Aeronautical Institute
- Riga Building College
- Rīga Stradiņš University
- Riga Technical University
- Ventspils University College
- Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
The period of implementation of the project: 08.03.2016. – 07.09.2019.